Friday, August 29, 2008

Yoga Schmoga

I went for my first yoga class today and I was bored. No offence to all the people out there who are big fans of yoga, but I can't say I am or ever will be. I'm not the kind of person who can sit still meditating and trying to link my body with my brain with my soul with my blah blah blah....I know it's supposed to be relaxing and all that, but I didn't find it a relaxing at all. I was just plain, old bored. Don't get me wrong, some of the yoga moves were insanely difficult, but I think I'm more a pilates person than a yoga person and it could be that I'm not spiritual enough or stretchy enough, but pilates seems more or less similar to yoga to me, without all the meditation and zen-like looks on everyones' faces. All in all, I guess I'm just not sold on yoga. Back to pilates for me then!

What I did yesterday:
Ran: 3.2k in 23 minutes - legs gave up and had an annoying stitch that wouldn't go away...AGAIN

What I did today:
1 hour of yoga....yaaaawwwwnnnn

No comments: