Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Spin Spin Spin

My second spin class turned out slightly better than my first. I was able to keep up for the most part and my quads aren't aching as crazily the day after as they were last week. The crotch hurts again though, so I'm really considering getting padded shorts simply because I can't imagine it being all that good for any human being's anatomy to have a bike seat rubbing it sore for an hour!

Thanks to my plantar fasciitis issue (I'd explain what this is, but I'm guessing you'd prefer to google it and find out the real definition than listen to my made-up definition), I've dug out these insoles (which I should have been using in the very first place) which my orthopedic passed me last year, but which I've happily left in the corner of my room. I guess I'm going to try my runs with them. I also have big plans to buy this pair of North Face flip flops (since I absolutely must wear flip flops all the time) which is supposed to be good in the whole arch-support department. Why can't I have normal feet?!?! Oh how much pain and money I'd save if I had normal feet! Anyone want to swap feet with me?

Back to my run again today, and I'm going to go back to 6k since my last 6k run was exactly a week ago and following that I've managed to get ill, hurt my foot and only managed a 4k by way of running. So back to the grind again...bear with me here, I know 6k isn't a huge deal, but in all my years of non-running, these low mileage runs make for small achievements and easy satisfaction.

No comments: