Wednesday, August 20, 2008

T'was One of THOSE Days

I managed my 6k yesterday, but it was a hardly an easy enough run. About 1k into the run, I got bored, then 2k in I got even more bored, at 3k I was more or less ready to throw in the towel and call it a day. The rest of the 3k is a blur because all I heard was the screaming in my head every hundred metres to give up. I battled through all my defeatist thoughts to make the 6k in the end.

I tried to go a bit faster this time around, think I actually got to about 5.7min/km but I didn't last too long at that speed. All in, it was a disappointing run, I was inconsistent, I was bored and I really wasn't "feelin' it". Nonetheless, my only consolation is that I finished my run in 38:31 mins, which is a better time than the last run, although I did do my last run sick.

Meanwhile I'm back to icing the foot. Getting tired of having a cold foot. Wow, this entire entry has just been a huge whining session. Maybe I'll feel less 'blah' after the session with my trainer today.

No comments: