Monday, August 18, 2008

Another Lazy Sunday

Once again, Sunday was spent lounging around having my cup of caramel latte and watching the Olympics. I've managed to hurt my foot again* and I'm not sure if it's from windsurfing or my short run outdoors on Saturday, but I'm actually getting tired of having the same problem time and time again. I'm probably going to start wearing trainers at the windsurfing club from now on because I suspect a lot of my foot problems can be attributed to the fact that I'm running around the club with my sail and board in my bare feet.

That aside, I managed to make my 4k run outdoors on Saturday rather smoothly, minus the fact that I met with a bunch of monkeys up one road, so I had to backtrack and take another route (I'm terrified of monkeys). And windsurfing went pretty well that afternoon as well. I think I might have to buy a harness line soon, so I can start using my harness. I've got a huge backache from windsurfing (I seem to be picking up a whole bunch of aches and pains from windsurfing) and I think I either need to buy a new smaller sail or I need to start using my body weight (hence the need to learn to use the harness) to rein in the wind. For now, my toes hurt from gripping the board for my dear life, my heel hurts from what potentially might be another case of plantar fasciitis, my lower back is aching from all the uphauling at windsurfing, and I'm off for my second spin class tonight. Woo hoo, I can hardly wait.

*I have a high arches and I seem to make it a subconscious effort to screw up my feet constantly

No comments: