Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My First 6K!

I don't care if no one thinks running 6k is a big deal, I do! I'm so so proud of myself, and I totally rock! As well as being completely shameless, but I don't care, I think I'm allowed to be at least a little shameless today!

The 6k wasn't the smoothest run actually. My legs were aching from the spin class on Monday and I wasn't feeling in tip-top condition with my half stuffed, half runny nose that was rubbed raw from all the tissue abrasion. So I lathered my legs with heating rub and rubbed Vaporub on my nose and decided to do the whole 6k, but at a comfortable pace.

I started at an 7.5min/km pace, and held that for about 4k before I got insanely bored and just wanted to finish the darn 6k as soon as I possibly could, so I basically ran the remaining 2k at 6.7min/km pace (yes, I'm bored, but I'm not going to be crazy and push myself to insane limits when I couldn't breathe properly!) and I still felt pretty good at the end of the run. My leg muscles had effectively warmed up by then and they felt rather strong. I probably could have gone another 1k, but I made my 6 and I was satisfied! When it comes to pushing myself the extra mile, no such motivation exists in my being.

So anyway, post longest run in my life, I am now officially sick. I woke up at 5am this morning (I can do this when I'm sick, but when I make plans to wake up super early to run I never manage to wake up) freezing and had to turn off the a/c. Now I'm still freezing, wheezing and stuffed up. So, no training with the personal trainer today, just a day of pure, unadulterated rest unless I get fidgety and decide to go for an easy swim after dinner tonight. We'll see...

No comments: