Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Anti-Social Spinner (Spinee?)

I'm not great with group classes. I realise that unless I'm in the mood, I don't really enjoy being all sociable, happy and perky when I'm in the middle of sweating my lungs out. And whilst the music and the instructor do force me to push myself more than I would, frankly, there I times where I wish he'd just shut up. I suspect the instructor knows that because whilst he goes around psyching people up, he avoids me...this is in part due to the fact that I will him not to come near me with my evil eyes (one of the few superhuman powers I have). Of course the fact that the instructor is annoying is pushing me to move my ass...so it becomes a whole catch 22 situation.

I think I'm the sweatiest person that exists. Before anyone even starts perspiring, I'm merrily sweating up a storm in my own little corner and really, it's highly embarrassing. Plus it makes me feel mighty unfit compared to the rest of them as well!

So these are the reasons why I don't really love spin classes all that much. If it weren't for the fact that I do feel like I am getting fantastic exercise out of all this, I probably would have just thrown in the towel ages ago.

What I did last evening:
Spin session with annoying instructor for 1 hr

No comments: