Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Post Spin Session

I survived my first spin class yesterday! I've also realised that I'm so unfit! I think that's the reason I'm not the biggest fan of group classes because it makes me very aware that I'm not as strong as I think I am. There were loads of middle aged folk who were cycling waaaaay faster than me, standing up, sitting down, standing up, sitting down....these guys strolled easily out of the class leaving me to stumble out (my legs stopped working as soon as I stepped off the bike) feeling a tad like a loser. Now, 16 hours later, my quads are aching, and my tail bone and crotch really hurt (yes I know I'm getting into 'too much information' territory). Yet, being the masochist I am, I'm contemplating going again next week!

It's my 6k run today and I forgot to bring my music. Looks like a long tedious run on the treadmill again. I've had a stuffy nose all night and I'm worried I'm coming down with something, hopefully all the multivitamins, healthy food and exercise I'm taking/doing will curb the cold before it hits full speed!

On an end note: My only consolation about the whole spin class debacle is that (in my head) I'm probably stronger than the rest of them arm strength-wise with all the windsurfing and rockclimbing I've done in the past year.

No comments: