Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Version of a Long Run

Seeing how pathetic my mileage has been, yesterday's run qualifies as a long run to me and I completed it, albeit with the company of my best friend, the side stitch. Did a different route this time because I was meeting R, so ended up running from work to his place to shower and go for dinner nearby. Shorter route than running back to mine, but every bit as painful and grueling (if no one has realised this by now, there is a common pattern to every one of my runs all of which involve suffering!) Final note - the pork rack at Fosters really kicks ass!

What I did yesterday:
Ran 6.95k in 51:03 mins (I stopped a lot because my right side hurt like a b***h half the time)

1 comment:

Steve Stenzel said...

Stupid side-stitches! I've nipped a lot of those in the bud this past year by doing more ab work. But I HATE doing ab work!!

Regarding your comment about getting mile times: I knew where each mile marker was, so I was able to hip the "lap" button while in the "Chrono" mode. That way, my overall time is counting up, but with each hit of the lap button, I can see each mile time too! Works good for keeping track of how many laps in the pool too (I don't care about individual lap time, but I just lose track of how many laps I've done!)

Good luck out there!!