Friday, January 2, 2009

First Run for the New Year

And it sucked big time. Note to self: Don't run after 10am in the morning, it's just way too hot.

I was supposed to run 8k yesterday so that I'd start the year on a good foot. I had a relatively quiet New Year's eve, opting to stay at home and watch Friends instead of drinking my body weight in alcohol, so in theory my body was all well rested when I woke up on New Year's day. At first I thought I'd go run in the evening, since I hadn't woken up early enough, but then it struck me that if I did that, I pretty much had to spend the whole day sober, which was a pretty depressing thought. That's when I decided to go for a run at 11am, with the sun high overhead. It was complete insanity. The heat was just sapping my energy and my feet felt like there were stones tied around them. Which is kind of why I ended up only running 5.5 pathetic kilometres. My first failed run of the year!

Nonetheless, I'm sure this won't be the only failed run, so I just have to get over it and move on. Meanwhile, HAPPY NEW YEAR one and all!

What I did:

Wed: Ran 4.2k in 29:02 mins

Yesterday: Ran 5.5k

No comments: