Thursday, January 8, 2009

Allergies

I've always laughed at people who were allergic to something or another - how much they miss in life - but it seems I now have managed to develop some allergic reaction to dust of all things. My Karma.

R and I went for a run on Tuesday, fair play to him, he could still run after a 14 hour flight. But I may have over-exerted myself, because I had a little fever on Tuesday. I had to call in sick for work and go see the doctor. That's when I found out that this nagging cough I've had for the past few months that refused to go away, was brought on by a dripping nose, which was in turn brought on by dust.

So training has been put on hold since the Doc only allows me to run when I'm feeling a hundred percent (which'll be pretty soon), but I have to lay off the swimming for a while because he doesn't want me to catch a cold. I suppose it's just as well, that I'm going to be out of town the next couple of weeks in places without swimming pools, so it's not really like I'd miss it all that much.

What I did on Tuesday:
Ran 4k in 29 mins

No comments: