Monday, January 19, 2009

Land of the Rising Sun, A Wedding and A Dry Run

I'm just back from my company trip to Japan and it was exhausting! Which didn't make sense since I spent most of it just eating and sitting for hours on a coach. Well, I suppose walking up and down the bus every couple of hours makes for some exercise. Actually I have nothing really much to say about Japan. Food was great, people were great and well I got to meet up with a good friend I hadn't seen in over a year.

On landing in Singapore, I had to rush off to KH's wedding. I came back a day early especially for this because I just love sharing in my friends' big days. I live vicariously through my friends, what can I say. All the same, the wedding was grand and I got to catch up with a whole bunch of my old church friends. So that was a laugh. And best of all, I am proud to announce that I was very very sensible and went to sleep instead of going for drinkies. Well, I suppose it wasn't so much a choice as much as sleep forced itself on me.

Yesterday, after days of eating non-stop (it was cold! I had to keep warm, so I ate!) and doing close to nothing, I decided to go do a sort of 'rehearsal' of sorts for the Biathlon in February. But too many things went wrong yesterday. For one, I chose to do this in the middle of the day, which meant every other kid and his clone were at the pool, which also meant I spent the whole while meandering around a strange obstacle course choke full of adults throwing beach balls, children jumping off ledges and babies in plastic floats...which was distracting, and I kind of lost count of how many laps I had completed. I did an extra lap anyway, in case I undercounted. Right after the swim, I dried off quickly and threw on my running gear and zipped out of the house. Of course, my foot pod chose this exact day to run out of battery. So I decided to just run 5k. Needless to say I got a stitch about one millionth way through. Long story short, yesterday was one of those 'Murphy's Law days' where everything that could go wrong did. Of course I ended the day off with a bunch of JD cokes. What's new, right?

What I did yesterday:
Swam 15/16 laps in 25:29 mins
Ran (approximately 4k or so, I think) 30 minutes

No comments: