Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Holiday Weight

I'm quite sure I overate during the Christmas and New Year period. How am I sure? Because I just feel a bit bloaty and it could be psychological, but it does feel like I'm carrying a lot more weight when I'm running these days.

Nevertheless, I managed to do a 10.1k run yesterday. T'was a very painful run, starting with the shins and followed by the ankles, knees and (here's a weird one) my right hip. You cannot even begin to imagine how many times I wanted to throw in the towel. The last fifteen minutes more or less went like this - Okay, 2.5k, that's like 6 rounds on the track, that's alright...1.5k, that's the distance to the main road and halfway...

So after a month or so I have finally completed 10k again. And I'm very happy once more. Now to cut down on drinking and making the runs more consistent! I'm probably heading for a nice, easy 4k today.

What I did yesterday:
Ran 10.1k in 1 hour 12 mins

No comments: