Monday, October 13, 2008

The Round Up to a Bad Week

I've become whiny lately. I'm tired of hearing myself talk nowadays and I feel sorry for all my friends who have to listen to me go on and on and on about the same things.

I did a short run on Friday, I had planned to do the same distance as Tuesday, but I couldn't go the distance. Ever since the Run for Hope, I realise I get tired after 10 steps and the rest of the run is just painful and miserable...and so the whining goes on...So anyway, Friday's run wasn't a whole bunch of fun, I think I got about 3.7k and I walked the rest of the way home. Had my dinner and went out for drinks till 4am with a bunch of mad Irish people.

Saturday afternoon needless to say was spent in a daze watching 'Twister' on the telly and feeling sorry for myself. Did I learn my lesson? Not so much. I headed off for windsurfing mid-afternoon and followed that off with a lot of Jacks and Cokes. Then I went off for a girlie night at my girl friend's apartment and finished off the night happily helping myself to a ton of wine. Was I the guest from hell? Let's see...
1. Arrive at the party 4 hours after it started? Check
2. Stumble into house half drunk? Check
3. Come in empty handed, bearing no gifts for the host? Check
4. Ask to borrow the shower because it's 11.30pm and I'm still in my windsurfing clothes? Check
5. Whine to anyone who'd listen and bore the bunch of them at the same time? Check
6. Proceed to get even more drunk? Check
7. Stick around and refuse to leave even though everyone has left? Check
8. Eventually left because the host calls a cab and kicks me out? Check

Here's a warning to all of you out there to not invite me over to your houses because even I wouldn't invite myself to my house party.

So what happens Sunday then? Let's just say 'vomit' was a large part of the day. Or well, the thought of it at least. I must say I was rather proud of the fact that I managed to drag myself all the way to the windsurfing despite feeling like complete crap. I was supposed to go for my diving pool session in the morning, but between feeling sick and tired, I missed it. Which means I've to go for it on Tuesday evening and hope and pray I learn everything in a matter of 4 hours. Otherwise, I'm going to have to postpone my open waters.

All in all, I really need to get out of this rut I've gotten myself into. I hate that I haven't made church 2 weeks in a row because I'm getting up at stupid times of the day; I hate that I'm just no longer that much fun to hang out with because I'm just mad and unhappy a lot; I hate that I'm so stressed up that no matter what time I go to bed, I'll wake up at 3am pissed off; I hate that my weekends feel shorter now and I'm not eating properly because I'm just spending most of the day hungover; and most of all, I hate that I've gone on about wanting to run during the weekends, but I don't bother to do any of that at all...

Ah well, hopefully the next couple of days will bring a solution and an end to my wrecked head!

What I've done over the past couple of days:
Friday: Ran 3.7k in 25:17 minutes
Saturday: Windsurfed for a half hour
Sunday: Windsurfed for about an hour and 15 minutes

Here's something that's so classic - because my weekend was spent in some alcoholic stupor, I happily forgot to collect my race bib and chip for the run I've been pretending to train for. Goes to show how I've managed to throw all priorities out the window lately.

No comments: