Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Foray into the World of Morning Runners

I woke up at 5am today. I planned to wake up at 6am, but I spent the whole night tossing and turning, fretting about getting enough water into my system that I managed to wake up a whole hour earlier than planned. So I spent an hour lying in bed over-analysing life. Essentially, after the hour of over-analysis, I managed to get very angry. The story of my life, I make up dumb scenarios in my head that gets me all riled up...over nothing, really.

Anyway, at about half 6, I got out my shoes and headed out for what was supposed to be a 5k run. Because I started too quickly or was just dehydrated (this was my fear all night!), I ended up getting my good ole side-stitch and dragging myself back home after just 4k. Now my legs are aching for some reason and I'm not sure why...actually, I lie, I know why they're aching, I've been lazy for too long and my legs have gotten used to the good life.

Nonetheless, it was interesting to run that early in the morning. For one, morning runners are a lot friendlier than night runners. Maybe because it's dark and no one really thinks the other person can see them, but I've been past runners at night and given them a grin or a wave only to have them run by me oblivious. There's something about the fresh dew and morning sunlight that must make people look happier, even if they're dripping in sweat.

Would I go running again in the morning? Maybe, even though I still feel like throwing up and dying when my body is shocked awake with the early morning exercise. Meanwhile, I've got a feeling I'm going to be really sleepy for the rest of the day.

What I did this morning:
Ran 4k in 26:55 mins

Incidentally I didn't swim yesterday. I got home and proceeded to get very lazy.

No comments: