Monday, October 20, 2008

The Last Minute Hong Kong - Macau Trip

So I more or less knew I had to go to Hong Kong for an awards dinner a couple of weeks ago. Procrastination again won the day and I only had my tickets sorted out the day before. Nonetheless, after a mad rush on Thursday, I made it to Hong Kong in one piece and stayed a night in the lovely Four Seasons. Very very fancy. Being only a night in HK, I ended up gathering a whole bunch of my poor suffering friends who resided in HK and forcing them to stay out till late with me on a school night. You guys know I love you!

Friday was off to Macau with the family. To cut the long story short, there was a lot of alcohol involved this weekend (surprise surprise) and I only managed to squeeze in one tiny run. I'm not even going to be pretend I'm ashamed that I was lazy (and drunk a lot), because I had a lot of fun. Especially on Saturday night where I met up with this wonderful couple (who happened to be in Macau the same time I was). It was a laugh catching up with them again and drinking wine like the world was running out of grapes.

Great, somewhat hazy, weekend aside, I do need to get my act together and really do some serious training this week. I have collected my race pack though, so I'm all set for the run this Sunday!

What I did over the weekend:
Ran 3.2k in 21:43mins

No comments: