Thursday, September 25, 2008

Splish Splash

After my failed run on Tuesday and the achy legs the whole of yesterday, I decided to go for a swim instead. Just to prove that to myself (also because the whole world was out running last night to taunt me, I'm sure) I pulled my runners out of my bag and tried a wee 5 minute jog on the street home. I was still wearing my dress, I was carrying a bag slung over my shoulders and I probably looked like a complete idiot...but it was dark and I convinced myself that no one saw me. The 5 minute jog reaffirmed that my knee still hurt, so it was off for a swim after instead. It was a nice change, although I forgot how tiring swimming was. I always seem to live with the mistaken impression that swimming is a relaxing non-exhausting sport. I'm always proven wrong. So anyhow, I did 4 laps of a mix doing the crawl and breast stroke. 5 more laps doing just the crawl, 5 laps doing just breast stroke and the last 4 laps a mix of the two again. It sounds like nothing, but I can assure one and all that I was very, very tired after all of that. And my neck hurts. I must be swimming wrong.

What I did yesterday:
Swam 18 laps

What I plan to do today:
Rest...my legs are still rather sore for some reason

No comments: