Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Longer Run

After close to 2 weeks of 3k (or thereabouts) runs, I finally decided to try the crazy route that I suffered through the last time. At 6.30pm, I headed out the office armed with my backpack, my bottle of water, and my annoying (but now deemed slightly more trusty) old ipod.

I wouldn't say the 7k I ran yesterday was a complete breeze, but I didn't get any stitches till about 4k and even then they kind of disappeared for the most part*, I didn't stop to walk once and not once did my legs bail on me! Everything just fell very nicely and neatly in place and much as I hate to admit it, I think the music played a big part - 80s cheese is the way to go!!! And I probably wouldn't admit that out loud ever again.

Of course a 1/2 hour after I got home and plopped myself on the couch, my legs got all creaky and achy on me. The legs are actually feeling pretty alright today so maybe they're actually getting used to running outdoors!

What I did last night:
Ran 7.02k in 52:27 mins

*The lack of a stitch could be due to a number of reasons: 1) I ate a half pack of Craisins before the run instead of a huge meal; 2) I actually drank enough water before going for the run; 3) I went for pilates last Wednesday (the magic solution?...I really doubt this); or 4) God looked down and took pity on me finally!

No comments: