Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Failed 10k

There's nothing much to say really. I wanted to run 10k last night, I didn't.

Well, the longer part of the story is that my legs gave up on me quite early on in the run and I was thirsty and miserable. I made it to 7.6k and I just couldn't go any further. I can only think of a couple of reasons why this happened

1) I didn't sleep properly the night before - I've been waking up in the middle of the night lately thirsty and cold
2) I didn't drink enough water the whole day
3) I've been happily slacking off the last two weeks, boozing too much and exercising too little, and my body has gotten too used to slacking off
4) All the late nights and drinks has finally hit me and I need to start being a good girl again
5)I had a large box of fries from Macs about an hour and a half before the run

Whichever the reason, I'm disappointed and upset. But tomorrow'll be another day and another run.

What I did last night:
Ran 7.6k in 54:20 mins

No comments: