Monday, June 22, 2009

A Very Tiring Weekend

And I don't even think I did that much. I woke up Saturday morning very dehydrated from beers till 3am the night before (obviously I didn't make swimming lessons that morning). After chugging down lots and lots of water, I made it to the gym at my place and did a 40 minute core training session. Went out with the family for a way-too-filling lunch and had a rock-climbing session after. I was supposed to have a 2 hour lesson, but I made it only an hour before I just completely ran out of energy. There was just nothing left in me to use anymore. So I cut the class short and headed home to rest...which equalled to me falling asleep for a good hour and a half. I had to meet my friend after dinner for drinks again, so the sleep was a welcome relief.

Sunday morning, and I woke up very dehydrated (hang on...there seems to be a pattern here). Went to church at stupid-o'clock in the morning and had way too much for Fathers' Day Lunch again. I felt a bit better though because after napping for an hour and a half I dragged myself out of bed and ran to R's place. 5k of sheer torture via Sixth Avenue (despite what anyone says, I maintain that the slope is pretty darn steep there) and I reached Holland Village exceedingly thirsty. R made a curry for dinner and we shared a bottle of wine, so I'm guessing everything I worked off on the run got put back on again.

Muay Thai later. I'm just tired thinking about it!

A few random points:

1. My Foot

My heel's been hurting when I run ever since the Mt Faber run and I've got half a mind to see a podiatrist if it doesn't get better. Every now and then, it feels as if someone keeps tugging at my plantar fascia with an awful lot of strength and it really isn't fun.

2. My Weight

I've put on an insane amount of weight since I've started drinking beer instead of my usual bourbon cokes. I'm guessing this whole switch to beers probably wasn't my brightest idea ever. So now I'm sticking to the wines with the occasional bourbon cokes when I want to treat myself. And lots and lots of water in between.

Also I aim to start eating healthy...again. These resolutions tend to be very short-lived, but one's got to have some faith. I have big plans to eat muesli and whole grain icky stuff.

3. New Shoes

Genius here forgot to bring her climb shoes on Saturday and had to buy them at the school itself (obviously sold at a premium). I think I hate them. They hurt my feet so much and I finished my class with blisters on my fourth toes (don't ask me why only these two toes) on both feet. Boo hoo.

What I did over the weekend:

Saturday
Core training for 40 minutes
Rock climbing for 1 hour

Sunday
Ran 5k in 39 minutes

No comments: