Friday, June 19, 2009

Taking It Easy

I was exhausted yesterday. Two nights ago I met up with a bunch of my college mates for my birthday dinner (I think I have birthday dinners planned till the end of the month!) and as usual, I of little self-control, played till late into the night. So I wasn't a happy trooper yesterday...or at least not a very bright-eyed and busy-tailed one.

Nonetheless, I was due for some exercise and if I didn't enjoy it, it was my own damn fault for not sleeping earlier...so I hit the pool and did a solid 15 laps before dinner. After dinner, I crashed in bed, but had to head out after a very brief nap to meet my friend Jeff who's just back from the UK for a short while. (As a side note, why do all my friends come visiting at the same time? I either get a visitor drought or a million overseas guests all visiting at once!) And what happens, after the first glass of wine, I feel a need to have a few more (not that I'm an alcoholic or anything, but the conversation was going really well) and next thing I know, it's half past twelve and I'm still out. Today I'm awful sleepy and the filling lunch I had isn't quite helping. More drinks tonight (sigh!!!!) with Jon who I really really like! I just wish I were more awake to enjoy it!

Other news, I bought a pair of 2XU compression tights yesterday. I'm a sucker for new gimmicky stuff and I haven't thrown a bunch of money at some completely over-priced sporting gear in a while. My hands were feeling itchy. I'll try it soon as it's done in the wash and let you all know if it's every bit as fantastic in aiding recovery as it claims to be!

Also, after mulling over taking swim technique classes, I finally decided to get my act together and call up the British Club and check if they did swim classes there. I've been completely under-utilising my membership, especially since the club is a 10 minute run from my house, and I thought I should get down to training there. So I'm starting my first class with the Masters section of the swim school there on Saturday morning. Let's hope I don't make too big a fool of myself.

What I did yesterday:
Swam 15 laps (900m) in 25 mins

No comments: