Friday, August 27, 2010

One Step Forward, One Step Back

Pretty much means I have made zero progress running-wise. I went for a 2.5k run again yesterday and I lasted about 1.7k before I had to stop and walk because my side stitches just refused to let up. I did walked about 300m before I got back into a sad painful little run back home. So the run was better than the last one but worse than the first run. I'm not sure whether I should be happy or sad. Mainly I just feel a bit blah. I guess after the first run, I expected to be flying and breezing through my runs, but it seems like I'm just hobbling through them, constantly plagued by stupid side stitches. Nonetheless, the upside is I did last a lot longer, side-stitch and all, than the last run, so in that sense things do look like they're going the right way. As for the first run I'll just treat that as a fluke. If only all runs could be like that run!

Finished off everything with 2 thirty-second planks, 20 crunches, 10 reverse crunches, 10 scissor crunches (or whatever they're called) and 10 sit-ups. Obviously my stomach muscles are aching today, would I dare to expect anything less?

What I did yesterday:
2.5k in 19:54 mins (Average speed: 7:55 min/km)
2 thirty-second planks, 20 crunches, 10 reverse crunches, 10 scissor crunches (or whatever they're called) and 10 sit-ups

No comments: