Monday, May 11, 2009

Another Weekend, Another Climb

I think I've forgotten what it's like not to ache. I haven't stopped aching since my 1k swim and I don't think my arms and legs aching are purely due to the swim anymore than they are due to the fact that I haven't let them have a good long rest.

The easy-peasy walls were all closed on Saturday for some little brat's birthday party, and I had to start off my session on wall that was way too hard core for a warm-up climb. I want to grumble and grumble about how they shouldn't close walls for birthday parties on the weekend, but well, it's the recession, I doubt the school gives a damn about my feelings and (much as I hate to admit it) the kids looked kinda cute scrambling all over the walls. Nonetheless, because I was stuck with the harder routes, I pretty much did more this climb class than I did for a long, long time. Which is why my forearms, triceps, biceps, shoulder blades etc etc aches so so much now. Sigh....

I was supposed to do a long run and windsuring this weekend, but I did neither. I did, however, make it down for the Singapore Repertory Theatre's (SRT) Shakespeare at the Park event on Saturday. Warm as hell, but R and I had a lovely curry picnic (my idea, I decided to go all chinese on him) and 2 very nice bottles of wine. Food and booze aside though, I actually really enjoyed SRT's version of 'Much Ado About Nothing', which says a lot considering after the Bridge Project: A Winter's Tale last month, I decided that I would probably never ever like Shakespeare and that had resigned myself to the fact that I was essentially an unartistic and uncultured git.

Anyhooo, long-ish run tonight! Wish me luck!

No comments: