Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm Back!

After half-heartedly attempting to exercise the past few days, I finally got a semi-decent run in yesterday. Granted it was slow, and I did walk a few times and stop a lot of times (the dreaded stitch is back!), but it was nice round 7k and I finished all of it. I'm not going to beat myself up over the lousy run, because frankly, I've been sitting on my ass a lot the past 2 weeks. Plus, my dad had his birthday last week and I bought him the Wii, which of course ended up being my toy - hey, you get to wield a fake 'gun', pretend you're in WW2 and kill bad guys, it's kick-ass!

So in all of 2 weeks, I've done one sad little run (last Thursday) and one run yesterday. I did go for a nice short trail walk with R over the weekend and it was pretty fun. The thing is, it's pretty hard to find a nice untouched area in Singapore. Everything is buildings and roads. Every time I do a run back, it's always by a busy road, although I do run past the Botanical Gardens sometimes, which is a nice break from the pollution.

All the same, I've always wanted to do this trail which starts about a 5 minute walk away from my place and ends up at the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve (Singapore's tallest hill...which isn't really all that tall). It's a short trail (slightly more than 2k), but really pleasant and green and brown. I really enjoyed it. Plus I really enjoy these little moments with R because it's always fun 'discovering' a new place with a really good friend. I'll attach some photos to this post once I get them up.

I got some windsurfing in this weekend as well! Finally! The monsoon is gone and the wind's my kind of crappy wind. Of course all the big-time windsurfers are grumbling, but hey, they had their fun the past two months, it's time for me to get some windsurfing it! A good 1/2 hour of it to be exact. And boy did I ache for the next 2 days. It's amazing how quickly my muscles got used to slacking off.

What I did since the race:
Last Thursday: Ran 3.5k
Yesterday: Ran 7k in 53 mins

No comments: