Monday, March 26, 2012

I Wanna Ride My Bicycle

The Queen song, I have to say, doesn't apply to me. I don't want to ride my bike because it is such a darn hassle to cycle. I have to lug my bike all the way to the East Coast Park (and assembling the bike rack and hoisting the bike on it is exercise on its own) because there isn't a single other place in the whole of Singapore I can go cycling at without running the danger of being hit by a car. I know, I know there are people cycling on the streets every day and they don't get hit, but there are an awful lot of awful drivers out on the streets. I've seen them and I don't want to get mowed down by them.

Over the weekend, I finally dusted the cobwebs off my bike and pumped up the tires and headed to East Coast. My schedule said I had to do 40k. Pfffffft, I was lucky I even made it 20k! It seems when you don't bike very often your legs forget how to pedal. Obviously the next day my crotch and thighs and left calf (no idea why this was so) were aching. That's all I did this last weekend. As you can tell, I'm still firmly in the 'keeping to only 10% of my schedule' camp.

What I did:
Saturday: Cycled 40k

No comments: