Monday, April 27, 2009

Dress Rehearsal

I've been pretty good last week. Other than Tuesday where I went a bit nuts and slept at 2am, I pretty much have been getting 7 hours of sleep in a day and also getting some training in here and there. I did a 1.2k swim on Tuesday, a 900m swim on Thursday and ran 4k on Friday. Running has taken a back seat to swimming and my pathetic-ness at it is evidence of that. I had a stitch early on in the run and pretty much hobbled the last 1k of the dang 4k. I guess I'll start running properly again after the swim race this Sunday.

So Saturday last week as a whole dress rehearsal, I trotted off to Sentosa's Tanjong Beach to see if i could do a 1k swim confidently. Maaaan, I obviously forgot how long 500m actually was, because when I got to the beach and saw that I had to swim from one end to the other twice, I freaked out. But I had dragged R down and I couldn't possibly NOT do the swim, so into the water I went. The last time I did a swim in the sea, I was with a whole bunch of girls being kicked in the face and I had to constantly remind myself not to freak out. Essentially I thought the only reason I was freaking out was because I was getting kicked constantly. But when I was swimming by myself on Saturday, there was a period where there was a sudden surge of waves and I started panicking. It's insane actually, I continued swimming but my head was just filled with thoughts of how I might get sucked into an undercurrent and drown miserable. Talk about positive thinking, huh.

All the same, I completed the swim safe and sound, thank you very much and R and I went off for some kickass curry. And me being a person of extremes headed off for climb classes after. Completely overdid the exercise and wound up doing nothing on Sunday because I was all achy!

Easy swim again tonight! Just to keep the whole stamina there and all!

No comments: